So many diapers options

This is kinda of a silly post but I thought that maybe it could help someone narrow down diapers options.

One thing I have learned about kids is that, no matter your dreams or expectations, it never goes as planned. My baby boy was born at 40 weeks, I was scheduled to be induced but God had other plans. I ended up having an emergency c-section and my baby was air lifted to Children's Hospital of Colorado. I will tell our story on another post.

The wonderful nurses helped us to figure out what to do with a newborn, they gave advice on what to do, what not to do. In the hospital they only used water wipes. Water wipes are only good for a couple of days, at least at the NICU. They are of course free of any fragrances and chemicals and therefore the better option for a newborn. Their skin is so soft and delicate and you don't really know how it could react to certain ingredient found in wipes.

For diapers we used Huggies and Pampers. Both of them have the very helpful wet indicator that will turn blue if baby has peed. I loved that! When we were discharged from the hospital it was up to us to buy diapers, of course. We went with what we knew, I decided to buy Pampers because of the lower cost. These are soft to my touch and against baby's butt. As he grew bigger the number of diapers per box was lower but the price was higher. So I went to into a deep study of diapers cost, very nerdy. I found Luv's had the most amount at a lower cost than Huggies and Pampers. My mother in love used Luv's for her three sons so I was more encouraged to use those.

When I opened the box of diapers I was so impressed on how soft these were. They do have a fragrance smell that made me a little uneasy but since Adrian was older I wasn't too afraid that his skin would react. Luv's are super absorbent, my son drinks at least 8 cups of liquids a day! and man those diapers do hold a lot. Yes, I change his diapers up to 8 times a day! Haha. When he poops sometimes I couldn't smell it because of the perfume in the diapers, yeah that was annoying. Now he poops like an old man, sooo stinky there is no way you miss it!

Moral of the story: Having a baby changes your life in ways you could not imagine. Your baby may be the one deciding which diapers he likes.


Comments

Popular Posts