Going Vegan? Part 1

I am the worst Vegan, I shouldn't even be called vegan lol. But I made the decision or I made the decision to try to go vegan in March. My hubby and I had been watching a lot of documentaries on food because we are passionate about food and realized that the food industry is DISGUSTING!!! Look, I don't have a problem with people who eat meat but I believe that most of the problem with obesity  comes from not knowing where your food comes from and how it is made. Many years ago obesity wasn't a big problem because farmers had more freedom, so to say, to grow their cattle and plant the produce the way they wanted. But now, because we are too many on the earth, the need is bigger and standards or morals to farming have gone down. Bigger companies buying out farms need the product quicker to supply the need and that's where the problem starts.

Listen, we don't have to be savages when it comes to killing animals. And I understand that as consumers we don't have "control" how they are being killed. If you want to know what I mean by this, go watch Food. Inc. But I cannot keep giving my money to those companies that treat animals like that, it's just not right. So that is why I mostly decided to become vegan, or right now vegetarian on my way to veganism.


I didn't start eliminating all meat of my diet because I knew I was going to hate it and not stick with it. It has been a process but it is a lifestyle that I want to follow and love. Honestly, once I stopped drinking milk, and eating most meat I felt soooo sooo sooo much better. I had energy again and I wasn't bloated anymore. Also it is way cheaper haha.


Go watch this

Food. Inc

What the health

Let me know if you want more resources.

Comments

Popular Posts